NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. The Win What You Broke Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by SquareTrade, Inc. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C. 18 years of age or older as of date of entry, and who are the original intended recipients of the Sweepstakes email. Begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on 2/03/20; ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 02/10/20. Limit one (1) Entry per person, regardless of method of entry.
WIN WHAT YOU BROKE OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Promotion Period: The Win What You Broke Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 3rd, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 10th, 2020(“Promotion Period”).
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age and older as of date of entry and who are the original intended recipients of the Sweepstakes email. Employees of SquareTrade, Inc. (“Sponsor” and “Administrator”), and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of their employees or those residing in the same household are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- How To Enter: There is one (1) way to enter: During the Promotion Period, submit a photo of: an item you broke, or an item you want to replace the item you broke with or a photo of a situation where replacement of said broken gadget would be made better for a chance to win that very item or it’s next available upgrade to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. NOTE: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any Entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet all the Sweepstakes rules may be disqualified.
- Random Drawings/Winner Notification: On or about February 15th, 2020 one (1) winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received. Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, whose decisions will be final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. Winners are subject to verification of eligibility. Winner will receive their prize approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date the winner was selected.
- Prizes and Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): (1) Grand Prize: The wining gadget, not exceeding the amount of $500 All applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of winners (or parent or legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her state of primary residence). All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Prizes may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded.
- General Rules: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or web site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor and award the prizes from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the use or redemption of a prize.
- Publicity Release: By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the right and license to use or advertise your Entry, name, likeness and hometown for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes, including a winners list. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- Disputes: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in the State of California and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in the State of California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred; including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but shall not include attorneys’ fees. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If any provision of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision will be deemed to be modified or restricted to the extent and in the manner necessary to render the same valid and enforceable and these Rules will be construed and enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law as if such provision had been originally incorporated herein as so modified or restricted, or as if such provision had not been originally incorporated herein, as the case may be.
- Winner List: For the name of the winner, available after February 15th, 2020 send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: SquareTrade, Attn: Direct Mobile Survey Sweepstakes Winner, 600 Harrison street, suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94107.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is SquareTrade, Inc., 600 Harrison street, suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94107.