Bentonville, AR (January 17, 2012) – Sam’s Club, the nation’s eighth largest retailer, today announced the launch of a new program with San Francisco, CA-based warranty provider SquareTrade and other partners to offer feature-packed mobile phone protection plans for Sam’s Club members. Priced at $59 for standard phones and $99 for smart phones, the protection packages include:
- Two year protection for normal failures including battery replacement
- Accidental damage protection including full liquid immersion with a $49 deductible
- A two year guaranteed buyback plan for up to 50% of the phone price.
- Next day replacement service
- Data backup service
- GPS locator software to track lost devices with a remote data clearing feature for smart phones
- 24/7 Toll-free Technical help from Sam’s Club Tech Experts
“Mobile and smart phones are part of today’s lifestyle and keep us connected, entertained and productive. At Sam’s Club we offer our member’s the best value on mobile phones and Smartphone hardware, accessories and connection plans. Our members have told us they want simple solutions to protect their devices.” said Huey Long, Senior Vice President of Sam’s Club Technology Services. “By developing this program with SquareTrade and others to offer a value bundle of the most useful solutions, we are able to deliver on our goal to our Members to provide ‘Savings made Simple’.” Once purchased, Sam’s Club members have real time access to their total protection plan and technical support when needed via our toll free number and online.
“SquareTrade’s customer focused approach fits nicely with Sam’s Club approach to total member care.” explained Steve Abernethy, CEO and co-founder of SquareTrade. “We’re very excited to make our services available to Sam’s Club members, who should expect nothing but the best service from SquareTrade.”
# # #