SQUARETRADE FEEDBACK SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Promotion Period: The SquareTrade Feedback Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET during the following periods (each, a “Promotion Period”):
a. May 1 – May 31, 2018
b. June 1 – June 30, 2018
c. July 1 – July 31, 2018
d. August 1 – August 31, 2018
e. September 1 – September 30, 2018
f. October 1 – October 31, 2018
g. November 1 – November 30, 2018
h. December 1 – December 31, 2018
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., and P.R. who are 18 years of age and older as of date of entry. Employees of SquareTrade, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of their employees or those residing in the same household are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
3. How To Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter: (1) During the Sweepstakes Period, complete the survey sent to you by SquareTrade regarding your experience. Upon answering all questions in the survey, you will automatically receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. (2) To receive an Entry without the reviewing SquareTrade, hand print your first and last names, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, email address and the name of the Sweepstakes on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper, insert it into an envelope, affix postage and mail it to: SquareTrade, Inc. Attn: Sweepstakes, 360 3rd Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. Mailed Entries must be postmarked by the last date of the Promotion Period and received by Sponsor five (5) days later to be entered into the random drawing. Mechanically reproduced or photocopied mailed Entries are automatically void. Incomplete Entries are void. Entries must be hand-addressed and complete in order to be eligible.
Limit (10) Entries per person, regardless of method of entry. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any Entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet all the Sweepstakes rules may be disqualified.
4. Random Drawings/Winner Notification: On or about five (5) days after the close of a Promotion Period, one winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. Winners are subject to verification of eligibility. Potential winner will be notified by email or U.S. mail and must respond to accept or decline the prize within seven (7) days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond timely, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Winner will receive their prize approximately one (1) to six (6) weeks from the date the winner was selected.
5. Prizes and Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): (1) Grand Prize: A $50 Visa Gift Card (ARV: $50). All applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of winners (or parent or legal guardian if a winner is a minor is his/her state of primary residence). All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Prizes may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded.
6. General Rules: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or web site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor and award the prizes from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the use or redemption of a prize.
7. Release: By submitting a product review as part of an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission, without limitation to other rights granted hereunder, for the review to be posted on www.blog.squaretrade.com or other Sponsor websites and social platforms. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the right and license to use or advertise your Entry, name, likeness and hometown for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes, including a winners list. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
8. Disputes: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in State of California and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in State of California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred; including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but shall not include attorneys’ fees. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If any provision of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision will be deemed to be modified or restricted to the extent and in the manner necessary to render the same valid and enforceable and these Rules will be construed and enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law as if such provision had been originally incorporated herein as so modified or restricted, or as if such provision had not been originally incorporated herein, as the case may be.
10. Winner List: For the name of the winner, available two weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion Period, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: SquareTrade, Inc., 360 3rd Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107; please include the name of the Sweepstakes and indicate that you would like the winner’s list.
11. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is SquareTrade, Inc., 360 Third Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107.