Everybody needs a bit of escapism in their lives and the ability to retreat to a safe haven. This is why many people set up a “man cave” in their home and stock it full of their favorite tech.
If you’re working on your own refuge, you may be scratching your head and wondering how to set it up. To help, here are some of the coolest gadgets you can use to create your man cave.
1. Immerse Yourself in Virtual Reality
Have you explored the world of virtual reality yet? If not, your man cave is a great place to start. Interestingly, you can find quality VR headsets for various purposes. For example, you can watch movies or TV shows in a whole new way, explore your video games, or download some VR fitness apps to feel good about your time in the man cave.
If you’re looking for a VR headset, the Meta Quest 2 is one of the most popular entry-level VR headsets and it comes with the following:
- 2 touch controllers and batteries
- VR headset
- A couple of games to get you going: Golf + and Space Pirate Trainer DX
You can also add premium fiber-optic cables to connect with your PC and a facial interface, wrist straps, and adjustable knuckle straps.
2. Quench Your Thirst With a Smart Fridge
If you worked up a sweat with your VR activities, reach into your smart fridge for a cooling beverage right in your man cave. There are a lot of mini-fridges out there, but the EdgeStar BWC121 80-Can Capacity Ultralow Temperature Beverage Center features:
- Compact design, which takes up minimal space
- 3.1 cubic ft. storage capacity
- A door lock
- LED lighting
- Adjustable wire shelves
- One of the coolest temperature settings on the market
Another reason to fit your man cave with a beverage center is because it makes the space all the more welcoming to friends.
3. Work on Your Golf Game
Want to enjoy the outdoors from the comfort of your man cave? If so, check out the Optishot2 in-home golf simulator. The Optishot2 connects to any personal computer with a Windows operating system.
Then, once you’ve set it up, this golf simulator offers you:
- Accurate swing club analysis
- Some of the best world golf courses
- Instant feedback about your play
- Dynamic gameplay online with others
You’ll need a minimum ceiling clearance of 8.5 ft. in your man cave to make room for that perfect swing. Also, your connected Windows device will need at least 3 GB of hard disk storage and 4 GB of RAM to run the program.
4. Add Mood Lighting to Your Man Cave
A simple way to set your man cave apart from the rest of the house, as well as to create the right vibe, is some mood lighting.
Luckily, you don’t have to be an electrician to add the lighting you want to your man cave. Consider some strip lighting like the Lightstrip Plus from Philips Hue. These strip lights are easy to install and can bend around corners in any shape. You can also cut them with scissors to the exact length you need.
In addition, they feature:
- Compatibility with voice assistants like Google Assistant, Apple Home, and Amazon Alexa
- The ability to control the color from the Philips Hue app
- Automated lighting schedules
You can also add a compatible dimmer or motion sensor to make these lights even more convenient to use.
5. Binge Watch in Comfort
Sit back with your friends to watch the latest blockbuster on your giant man cave screen in total comfort with the Flex HR Series movie loungers. This will probably be one of your highest costs as you create your man cave, but if you want a touch of luxury and comfort in your man cave, you may be willing to splurge.
These movie loungers feature:
- Motorized headrests
- Diamond stitch design
- Power recline
- Aluminum cupholders surrounded by soft LED lights
- Matching LED strips on the base rail
- Storage compartments
- Accessory docks
- USB power ports
A nice touch is that you can customize your seats in Italian leather and fabrics in a range of colors. This lounger also features heavy gauge, no-sag springs, and individual coils, so the seat will always retain its shape and support.
Thes loungers will also give you the chance to customize your room. You can have as many seats as you like in one row, straight or curved, according to your preference. So, you can configure everything to best suit your big screen and the available space inside your man cave.
6. Make Your Man Cave a Slam Dunk With a Basketball Game
If you love basketball, consider the Pop-a-Shot Official Home Dual Shot basketball arcade game. It features 16 individual games, which the manufacturer says is the most of any arcade basketball game on the market.
Additionally this game has:
- 6 audio options
- Adjustable game heights
- Configurable return ramps to return your ball automatically
- Accurate infrared sensors
- 3-digit scoreboard
- Audio jacks or external speakers to play your own music
Plus, when you’re not using the game, you can fold it up and move it into the corner using the supplied wheels.
7. Protect Your Man Cave Investment With a Security System
Once you’ve finished decking out your man cave, you need to look after your investment. So, think about fitting it with a Netatmo Smart Alarm System with Camera. This device features facial recognition to detect the difference between family members and intruders. Plus, it can also recognize your pets, to avoid false alarms.
The system will also:
- Arm or disarm itself automatically when you enter or leave the room
- Store video data on the provided microSD card or in the cloud
- Provide you with door and window sensors and a smart indoor siren
Upgrade Your Man Cave With Cool Tech
Everyone deserves a space of their own to unwind. And adding cool tech and gadgets to your man cave transforms it from a room to a private sanctuary in your own home. Think about what you most want your man cave to be for you, then make the most of the space by fitting it out with the appropriate tech.