Car gadgets can make your time in your vehicle more safe, fun, and convenient than ever. Whether you have a long commute or mostly take short trips around town, tech for your car can give you peace of mind while you and your loved ones are on the road.
And here’s some great news: You can install most car gadgets into any car, no matter its age. Keep reading to learn more about the types of tech you can purchase for your car, truck, SUV, or minivan.
Record What’s Going On Around You With a Dash Cam
A dash cam, like the Garmin Dash Cam Live, is one of the most useful car gadgets because you can:
- Continuously record and save video of what is going on around your vehicle
- Capture what happened before, during, and after a collision, which can be useful when filing a police report
- Hear an alert if you’re drifting out of your lane, speeding, or are in danger of hitting something
The Garmin Dash Cam also offers a number of features, including:
- 1440p “Always-Connected” LTE recording
- A 140-degree field of view
- “Incident Detection” that will automatically save the video, along with the GPS location, time, and date when something has happened to the vehicle
Plus, with an additional LTE subscription, you can get a live view from the Garmin Drive smartphone app, allowing you to check on your vehicle remotely.
Reverse Safely With a Back-Up Camera
Backing out of a driveway or parking spot at the store can be challenging, especially if you only have mirrors to assist you.
Despite your best efforts to back up safely, you may not see everything that could be behind your vehicle, including small animals, kids, boxes, or other debris.
So, to make backing up as safe as possible, consider installing one of the best car gadgets for safety, the AUTO-VOX CS-2 Wireless Back-up Camera.
This camera includes a PC1058 sensor, which provides vivid and stable footage while allowing you to easily see what is going on behind your vehicle.
The AUTO-VOX back-up camera features:
- A 4.3-in. monitor
- A digital wireless signal that won’t interfere with other signals
- 110 “golden angles” that avoid image distortion
- Waterproof case
- Temperature resistance from negative 4 degrees F to 149 degrees F
- A lumen rating of 0.1, so it works in low-light conditions
- Easy installation on the dashboard or windshield with included suction cup
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- 1-year warranty
Get Your Caffeine Fix With an Espresso Machine for the Car
Whether you’re running late and skipped your morning coffee or you’re on a long road trip, the Handpresso Auto Capsule espresso machine for the car will let you prepare and enjoy your favorite caffeinated drink on the road.
This innovative coffee maker, which uses Nespresso capsules:
- Plugs into the 12/24 volt socket in your vehicle
- Fits into the cup holder
- Can make coffee or espresso, depending on which Nespresso capsules you buy
- Makes a delicious cup of espresso or coffee in just over 2 minutes
- Features digital controls that are easy to use and read
- Has a non-splash nozzle
As a bonus, the Handpresso Auto Capsule can help you save money by allowing you to skip drive-thru coffee trips when you’re out and about.
And it goes without saying, this is one of the car gadgets you shouldn’t actively use while driving. Make sure you brew your coffee before you start driving or have a passenger handle coffee duties for optimal safety.
Keep Snacks & Other Foods Chilled With an Electric Car Cooler
It’s frustrating when your ice cream melts in your car on the way home from the grocery store, or when your cool drink becomes warm while driving.
Thankfully, both of these problems can be solved thanks to the help of the Dometic CFX2 45 electric cooler.
This cooler, which can you can also use for camping trips, is powered by your choice of:
- AC (110-240)
- DC (12/24 volt)
The car fridge also works as a freezer, and can reach temperatures of negative 7 degrees F, which will definitely keep that tub of ice cream rock solid.
The Dometic electric cooler also:
- Features lightweight fender frames
- Has durable aluminum alloy handles
- Contains a compressor that reduces noise and vibrations
The cooler also one of the car gadgets that connects to an app, so you can easily adjust the temperature via your smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled device.
Make Your Road Trip or Commute More Fun With These Car Gadgets
Whether it’s a back-up camera that keeps you safe, or an in-car fridge for cold drinks on the road, car gadgets like these help make your trips safe and comfortable. So, consider these options when you want to make your next road trip, Sunday drive, or even your commute a little easier and a lot more fun.