We’ve all felt the pain of a dead cell phone battery, and the anxiety when you’re down to the last 5% of battery life. But with the best power bank charger, you can get full power for your devices, even when there’s no outlet available.
A power bank charger lets you charge most small devices, like phones or tablets, while you’re on the go, which helps you stay productive and connected even while traveling. So, let’s explore the best power bank charger options for you.
What’s a Power Bank & How Do They Work?
A portable power bank or power bank charger is a battery with a special case. It has a circuit which controls power flow, and it lets you store electricity and then use it to charge your devices later.
Here are the basics you should know about power bank chargers:
- Most power bank chargers state their capacity in milliampere hours (mAhs)
- A universal power bank charger can come in many different sizes and configurations
- Some power bank chargers have an AC outlet and USB ports, while others have just one USB port
- Some power banks use one USB port for charging and another for powering devices, while others use the same port for input and output (but this is rare)
- A power bank with a capacity of 1500 mAh takes about as long to charge as a smartphone, around one or two hours, and banks with more power storage take longer
- Most power bank chargers have an LED indicator to show when they’re at capacity as well as safety cut-offs to prevent overheating or overcharging
The Benefits of Using a Portable Charger
A power bank charger is a handy to device to keep around the house and even makes an excellent gift for the following reasons:
- Most models are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand or a pocket
- Power banks are affordable
- They’re reusable and fast-charging
- In an emergency, they power your dead phone or other equipment
- Most types come in lots of colors and styles to suit your personality
So with all that in mind, here are some of the best power bank chargers you can choose:
The Best Power Bank Charger for Emergencies
The Anker PowerCore 20,100mAh Portable Charger Ultra High Capacity Power Bank can charge an iPhone 8 seven times without recharging, which makes it the best power bank charger for long periods without power, including:
- Long trips
- Camping excursions
It can also charge a Galaxy S8 five times or an iPad mini 4 twice. This power bank has VoltageBoost and PowerIQ technology for fast charging, and you can recharge it in 10 hours with a 2-amp charger.
With the Anker PowerCore you can charge two devices at once, and helpfully it’s durable and lighter than a can of soup.
The Best Power Bank Charger for Families
The mophie powerstation pro AC is ideal for charging multiple devices at once so the whole family’s devices continue working. This power bank comes with AC, USB-C PD, USB-C, and USB-A ports.
The mophie powerstation pro AC also:
- Gives up to 100W of power through the AC port
- Holds up to 27,000mAh
- Can charge an iPhone 13 to 50% power in just half an hour through the USB-C port
- Weighs about 2 pounds
- Displays charging status and current battery life with an LED power indicator
The Best Power Bank Charger for Travelers
The INIU B42 Power Bank 20000mAh, 7-Day SuperPower has one USB-C port and two USB ports. It can charge an iPhone 13 to 50% in 25 minutes, and it works with many devices, including:
- Fitness trackers
- Bluetooth headphones
This device comes with a travel pouch, and it’s ideal for long flights. It can also provide up to seven days of power for your electronics.
And maybe the best power bank charger for travelers is a bank that works as phone case, like the iPhone 14 Pro Wireless Charging Battery Case from Plus Cases. The case acts as an extra battery, increasing your phone’s battery by up to 310%. This way, when you’re traveling you don’t have to bring an extra power bank with you, you already have it in your phone case.
Accessories for Your Power Bank
While you don’t need much to go along with your power bank, you may want something to carry it in. And even better if that bag lets you use it on the go.
Enter the MATEIN Mlassic Travel Laptop Backpack. It has a USB charging port on the outside and a charging cable inside so you can use it with a power bank to charge your items while on the move. This backpack is water-resistant, and it’s a great choice for professionals or college students and is a smart luggage option is available in several colors.
But if you don’t want to invest in an entire backpack, consider a case for your power bank, like the EasyAcc Customized Power Bank Case. Like phone cases, this power bank case keeps your device safe from drops and helps it to last longer.
How To Maintain Your Power Bank To Make It Last as Long as Possible
Speaking of helping your power bank last longer, there are a few things you can do to prolong the life of your device:
- Power banks can lose charging capacity over time if you don’t use them regularly, so it’s a good idea to charge your power bank at least every few months
- Unplug your power bank when it reaches 80% charged, and recharge it when it reaches around 20%
- Don’t place your power bank charger in hot or cold environments, and keep it out of bright sunlight
A Power Bank Charger Can Be a Lifesaver
Some of the best power bank charger options on the market let you charge your device multiple times, are affordable, and compact. Plus, they’ll make your life so much easier and banish that low battery anxiety.