Electric shavers are a great way to get a clean, smooth shave. Another reason to love them is that there is the best electric shaver out there for everyone, whether you have stubborn hair growth, a shaved head, or need a beard trim while traveling.
With so many options on the market, it can be hard to find the best electric shaver for you. But here are some options that promise a clean and safe shaving experience, and that are appropriate for different needs:
Budget Electric Shavers
A Trusted Brand’s Model at an Affordable Price
Looking for an electric shaver but don’t want to spend a ton? Consider the Remington F5 Power Series Shaver with Intercept Shaving Technology. It may not come with some of the bells and whistles that other more expensive electric shavers do (like a self-cleaning system), but it has Intercept Shaving Technology, a three-stage cutting system for pre-trimming any longer hair.
Some other features include:
- A rechargeable battery for up to 60 minutes of cordless runtime
- The ability to wash it under the faucet when you’re finished
A Travel Shaver That Won’t Break the Bank
The Phisco Electric USB travel shaver doesn’t need an adapter or power cable, so you can take advantage of the latest technology.
It has a built-in LCD display that shows:
- Remaining power
- Charging status
- Travel lock condition (so it doesn’t start accidentally when you’re on the move)
Also, a message will remind you when you need to clean the shaver.
This shaver also has a:
- Double-track cutter for a close shave
- Pop-up trimmer
Shaving Your Head? There’s a Shaver for That
If you want to keep your shaved head in perfect condition, consider the Pitbull Gold PRO from Skull Shaver. It’s good for anyone who wants a very close shave inside or out of the shower and comes from a brand that first popularized the head-shaving product.
The Pitbull has some helpful features, for example:
- It can run for up to 90 minutes on a full charge
- An ergonomic grip that makes it easy to get that close shave
- It collects the cut hair inside the shaver for less mess
Rotary Electric Shavers
You Can Shave With This Philips Norelco Shaver Wet or Dry
The Philips Norelco 9500 wet and dry electric shaver has technology that allows you to shave with the “optimal” amount of pressure. This luxury solution has advanced sensors that monitor the amount of pressure you apply and will activate a light signal when pressing too little or too hard.
This shaver has many features, such as:
- Up to 150,000 cutting actions each minute
- High-performance blades that are self-sharpening
- Sensors that can read your facial hair density multiple times per second
- An automatic adjustment to the cutting power to give you the best shape possible
This Panasonic Electric Shaver Has Lots of Helpful Features
The Panasonic Arc5 Electric Shaver is another wet/dry product with a five-blade shaving system. It costs more than some other options but has some great features. For example, it has unique outer foils with sharp inner blades, all made from hypoallergenic stainless steel. You’ll get 70,000 cross-cutting actions per minute, which should allow you to deal with dense or thick hair easily.
The Arc5 has:
- Intelligent sensors that can automatically adjust the motor speed based on the density of the beard
- A flexible shaver head that pivots in multiple directions to follow the contours of your chin, jaw, and neck
- The ability to shave wet or dry
- 40 minutes of cordless action on a single charge, with automatic cleaning
A Shaver for Heavy-Duty Jobs
If you have a really stubborn beard, you may want a heavyweight product like the Braun Series 9 Pro Electric Shaver. Braun claims this product can tackle three days’ worth of heavy beard growth and features a performance boost over the company’s flagship Series 7 product.
This shaver also features:
- Several synchronized shaving elements
- Foils that can cut the shortest hair
- A feeding mechanism that directs the hair into the cutter for an efficient shave,
- A trimmer coated with titanium
- The ability to shave wet or dry
Additionally, the Series 9 comes with a “clean and charge” docking station, which also lubricates and dries your shaver.
Choose a Multipurpose Shaver to Cover It All
The Panasonic MultiShape multipurpose shaver is a device that allows you to choose between multiple heads.
With this shaver you’ll also get:
- A wide-head electric blade shaver
- Japanese stainless-steel blades
- A beard trimmer
- Hair clippers or nose trimmer
- Attachments for your individual style, with the option to add to the system in the future
The company calls this a “modular personal care system,” and it’s completely customizable according to your needs. You can even get an electric toothbrush attachment, adding to the bargain.
The Best Electric Shaver Depends on Your Grooming Needs
As you look for the best electric shaver, think about what you really need first. Some products are tailored for those with stubborn hair growth, a shaved head, or for people who need to take care of their beard while on the go. You can even get a combination device that allows you to choose the attachments that work best for you.
But whatever your shaving needs, there’s an electric shaver out there for you.