Getting ready for a trip out of town can be time-consuming, especially when you have to arrange cat sitting. Although a pet camera can help alleviate some of your worries, the best way to care for your pet while you’re gone is to hire a sitter.
Fortunately, setting up a cat sitter is now easier than ever, thanks to a number of free apps. These apps can help, whether you’re going on a vacation in a couple of months and have some time to get your sitter lined up, or you need last-minute pet sitting for a spur-of-the-moment trip.
Keep reading to learn more about these apps that can help you find someone to care for your beloved pet when you’re away.
1. The Rover App Isn’t Just for Dogs
Despite its dog-themed name, you can use the free Rover pet-sitting app for iOS and Android devices to schedule a sitter for your feline fur baby.
The Rover app lets you choose from three types of services:
- House sitting
- Drop-in visits
Start by entering your address and the dates that you’ll need a cat sitter.
You can then:
- Contact cat sitters right from the app
- Select the cat sitter you want to hire
- Receive messages from your cat sitter
- Pay your cat sitter through the app’s secure payment system
More than 200,000 pet sitters throughout the United States and Canada have registered with Rover, and 95% of the services have earned a five-star rating.
2. The Wag! App Helps You Book the Best Cat Sitting Experience
Schedule cat sitting with the help of the Wag! cat-sitting app, which is available for iOS and Android devices.
You can use the app to schedule a sitter to visit your home, whether you’ll be away for a few days or a few weeks, even if you’re leaving on short notice. Browse the list of local pet sitters and then choose the cat sitter you want to hire.
The Wag! app also lets you:
- Receive photos and videos of your kitty enjoying their meals and playtime
- Schedule shorter drop-in visits
- Easily set up cat sitting based on which days you’ll be away
And for further peace of mind, all cat sitters on the Wag! app have been through a thorough screening process which includes background checks and cat-handling evaluations.
3. Find Cat Sitting Options With Care.com
Care.com is a free app that will help you find a cat sitter whenever you need it, even at the last minute.
This app helps you arrange for pet care:
- Right away
- Within a week
- In 1 to 2 months
The Care.com app gives you access to its extended network of pet sitters, and you can use it to find cat sitters in your local area.
Use the app to create a post asking for pet sitting services, and then:
- Search and see caregiver reviews, profiles, and photos
- Get alerts when interested caregivers respond
- Interview cat-sitting candidates
Once you hire your pet sitter, use the Care.com app to manage the sitter’s schedule. You can also pay the sitter through the app, too.
4. Find Your Cat Sitting Match With the Fetch Pet Care App
Knowing who to hire to watch your pet may seem overwhelming. Luckily, the Fetch Pet Care app for iOS and Android devices will help match you with an experienced cat sitter based on your schedule and needs.
You can then:
- Meet potential cat-sitting candidates virtually, or in person
- Hire the best person for the cat-sitting job
- Receive daily updates through the Fetch Pet Care app, including photos and videos of your kitty
The Fetch Pet Care app will also connect you with the same local cat-sitting expert each time you need one. This means your cat will get care from someone they already know and like.
All pet care providers through the app are:
- Background checked
- Well trained
- Have positive reviews
Every time your cat sitter comes over, you’ll receive a Pet Care Summary through the app with the cat sitting provider’s:
- Arrival and departure times
- Journal notes
- Updates on your cat’s litter box usage
5. Find Fully Vetted & Insured Cat Sitters With the Meowtel App
The Meowtel cat-sitting app specializes in helping you find a cat sitter who is vetted and insured.
You can use the free app to:
- Set up a meet and greet with cat-sitting candidates
- Book your local and insured cat sitter
- Get regular updates from your selected cat sitter, including photos of your kitty
Each visit with the cat sitter includes:
- Feeding your cat
- Providing fresh water
- Cleaning the litter box
- Lots of playtime
The cat-sitting experts from Meowtel can also handle giving medications, and they’re experienced in taking care of kittens up to senior cats.
Cat Sitting Apps Can Make Going Away Easier
Leaving home for a business trip, vacation, or other reason can be challenging, especially when you have to arrange for pet sitting. But thanks to cat-sitting apps like these, you can rest assured that your precious kitty will be well cared for.
From seeing a list of local cat-sitting candidates and interviewing potential pet sitters to getting updates on your cat’s day, paying your cat sitter, and more, these cat-sitting apps can help put your mind at ease when you’re away from home.