It may be hard to believe, but 2023 is right around the corner. So, if you’re determined to achieve your New Year goals but find self-discipline challenging, consider a goal-tracking app.
Whether you want to get more sleep, exercise more regularly, save money, or more, these five free apps may help.
1. Virtually Track Any Goal You Have With the Strides App
The Strides goal tracking app is an ideal choice if you’re looking for help keeping track of pretty much any New Year goal you can think of.
To use the app, which is available for Apple devices only:
- Download the app from the Apple App store
- Select your New Year goals or goal—if you’re not sure which one you want to start with, the app will suggest some for you
- Choose a date or target value
- Select the tasks you need to do to turn the desired goal into a doable habit
Then once you’re using Strides, you can track your progress by the:
- Overall average
Another plus is if you sync Strides to your iPhone or Apple Watch, your health trackers will automatically track your progress in the app.
2. Turn Your Goal Into a Fun Game With Habitica
Habitica is a free habit and productivity app that features in-game bonuses and penalties. So, if you love games and getting virtual bonuses, this may be the app to try.
As you work towards your goal, Habitica will:
- “Level up” your avatar
- Let you earn in-app rewards like magic skills, pets, battle armor, and other items
- Prompt you to engage in battles through the app with fellow “Habiticans” and win gold that you then use to purchase additional rewards
You can also engage with the other Habiticans through a social network for motivation and support to reach your New Year goals.
3. Get Help From a Personal Coach With Coach.me
If you like the idea of working with a personal coach but don’t have the time to meet with one in person, the free Coach.me app for iOS and Android devices may be the perfect compromise.
With Coach.me, you hire a coach directly through the app (for an extra charge). With the coaching feature, you can:
- Have a chat session with your coach to ask questions and go over your challenges
- Schedule a 30-minute phone call with your coach
But even if you aren’t ready for a coach, the app features free tracking tools that you can use to help achieve your goals.
Then, if you get stuck along the way, you can look for inspiration and motivation in the Coach.me community. You can even get virtual high-fives and support from other users as you go.
4. Be Flexible in Your Approach With Toodledo
Reaching your goals isn’t a one-size-fits-all scenario, and the Toodledo app realizes this.
This app, which you can download for your iOS or Android device, is customizable to your needs. You can decide how the app looks, enable loads of settings, and choose how information is displayed.
Toodledo is also:
- An effective time manager
- Great at keeping tabs on your to-do list
- Effective at providing you with due dates for tasks
- Useful for when you have a repeating task and need a reminder each time
5. Budget Your Time With the ATracker App
If you’re concerned about things getting in the way of your New Year goals, the ATracker tracking app can help by tracking how you spend your time.
For example, the ATracker app will log how much time you:
- Watch television
- Spend on social media websites
- Take to get ready in the morning
- Spend commuting to work or school
- Are on the computer replying to emails
- Walk your dog
As the app collects this data, it’ll give you a pie chart with an easy-to-read breakdown of how much time you spend on each of these repeating activities. Then, you can use that information to make sure you’re devoting the proper amount of time to your New Year goals.
Hit Your New Year Goals Thanks to These Apps
In the past, you may have had only yourself or maybe a friend to help you reach your New Year goals and resolutions. But now thanks to these apps, your smartphone can turn into the best coach to help you reach your goals.