Here’s some great news for busy people who don’t have unlimited time to cook: There’s a wide variety of delicious and easy Halloween treats that you can make to celebrate the spookiest time of the year. And there are specific kitchen gadgets to make preparing Halloween treats simple.
Of course, you can also use these appliances throughout the year. But, when it comes to preparing easy Halloween treats, the following nine gadgets and small appliances help free up time so you an truly enjoy all the Halloween fun.
1. A Stand Mixer Can Help Whip Up Large Batches of Halloween Treats
A stand mixer does a lot of the work when you’re preparing dough for chocolate chip cookies and big batches of other Halloween treats.
Besides the actual mixing, you don’t have to hold these kitchen devices like hand mixers, so there’s two ways they’re easier on your arms. Plus, they’re sturdy enough to handle large batches of cookie dough that tends to be chunky like peanut butter cookie dough.
For instance, the KitchenAid Deluxe 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer combines power and durability to handle virtually any Halloween recipe you can think of.
The tilt-head stand mixer:
- Features 10 speeds for any type of mixing
- Has a tilt-head design, so it’s simple to add ingredients or attach an accessory
- Can handle small or large batches of dough
And this model also comes with one each of a:
- 4.5-quart stainless steel bowl with a handle
- Coated flat beater
- Six-wire metal whip
- Coated dough hook
Another key benefit is that you don’t have to hover over the mixer when it’s working. This allows you to walk away for several minutes as butter and sugar are fluffing to gather additional ingredients or wash a few dishes.
2. A Convection-Style Toaster Oven Frees Up Your Main Oven for Halloween Cookies
A toaster oven is a handy kitchen tool for when you’re preparing multiple easy Halloween treats at once, and your oven is already in use.
The convection oven has eight cooking functions:
The toaster comes with a 10 in. by 10 in. enamel baking pan, and a 10 in by 10 in enamel broiling rack.
The oven also features a backlit, easy-read LCD that illuminates in orange when preheating and cooking, and will turn blue when the cooking is complete.
3. Measure Ingredients Accurately With a Digital Kitchen Scale
Granted, you can use traditional measuring cups and measuring spoons when prepping ingredients for your favorite easy Halloween treats like pumpkin cheesecake. However, a Taylor Multi-Purpose Digital Kitchen Scale will make cooking and baking even easier because your measurements will be more accurate.
This kitchen scale features:
- A large, easily viewable 0.7 LCD display
- Automatic shut-off and tare function (“tare” means the scale will read zero even when there’s an empty measuring bowl on it)
- Compact size for easy storage when not in use
You can weigh ingredients directly on the tempered glass platform—for example, a partial stick of wrapped butter—or you can use it with containers up to 6.6 lbs. This step will reduce the number of measuring cups and spoons you have to wash when you’re done.
To use the tare feature:
- Place the bowl or other container onto the scale
- Push the tare button to adjust the weight back to zero
- Wait for the display to go to 0.00
- Add the ingredients into the bowl to the desired weight
4. A Powerful Blender Creates Cookie Crumbles, Smoothies & More
One blender to look into is the Ninja Foodi Power Blender Ultimate System, which will easily blend up smoothies, make breadcrumbs, or perform other cooking tasks.
The blender features:
- Variable speed control
- 7 preset “Auto-iQ” programs for chopping, food processing, dough, and more
- An included XL Smoothie Bowl Maker
- An Included Nutrient Extractor
Another way you can use your blender for Halloween is grind up chocolate cookies into “dirt” when making a popular Halloween dessert called Dirt Cups. Kids and adults alike will love these easy yet festive treats. And as a time-saving bonus, you can make dirt cups ahead of time and keep them chilled in the refrigerator until your guests arrive.
5. Melt Butter & Chocolate for Easy Halloween Treats in a Microwave Oven
A microwave, like the Frigidaire 1.8 Cubic Foot Over-the-Range model, will make doing tasks like melting butter to whip up a fun batch of Rice Krispie treats shaped like mummies quick and effortless. Or, melting chocolate when making festive treats like Halloween candy bark.
The microwave features:
- Interior LED lighting
- One-touch cooking options for foods like popcorn and baked potatoes
- LED lighting underneath
- A rotating turntable for even cooking
The microwave also has a large internal capacity. For instance, a 13 in. by 9 in. pan will fit inside the appliance, as well as large bowls and casserole dishes.
6. A Hand Mixer Is the Perfect Tool to Make Frosting & Whipped Cream
A hand mixer is a useful tool to have for preparing all sorts of easy Halloween treats and toppings. This includes homemade or boxed brownies and the orange frosting to decorate them, cupcake batter, whipped cream to top cocoa, and more.
One example is the Hand Mixer from Hamilton Beach, which comes with a convenient storage case for when the appliance is not in use.
The hand mixer features:
- 6 speeds with “QuickBurst” for extra mixing power
- SoftScrape beaters that won’t scratch nonstick pots or bowls
- A bowl rest
- Rubber grip on handle
7. Chop Up Gory Halloween Treats With a Food Processor
A food processor is another kitchen tool that helps prepare easy Halloween treats more quickly. For instance, you can use it to quickly prepare a Haunted Halloween Black Bean Dip that you serve with veggies and pita chips.
A food processor like the 9-Cup Continuous Feed Food Processor from Cuisinart can quickly and efficiently:
The food processor comes with a universal disc that will chop, mix, and prepare dough, as well as fine and medium discs for more options.
8. An Immersion Blender Blends Batter Quickly
An immersion blender like the Smart Stick Two-Speed Hand Blender by Cuisinart is another highly useful kitchen tool to have in your arsenal for easy Halloween treats.
The immersion blender features:
- A 300-watt motor that is powerful and quiet
- A 2-speed slide control
- Slim stick design to reach inside pots, pans, and bowls
- 8-in. blending stick
- Comfortable grip
9. Cook & Keep Food Warm With the Help of a Crockpot
Easy Halloween treats don’t always have to be sweet. For example, chilis, warm dips, and soups like the festive Witches Brew Stew are delicious, non-sugary options.
These dishes and more are easy to get started ahead of time with the help of a slow cooker, also known as a crockpot.
For instance, the Crock-Pot 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker will prepare meals for seven-plus people, making it easy to cater to your Halloween guests.
The large crockpot:
- Features an auto-warm setting to keep food at a safe serving temperature
- Has removable stoneware and glass lids that are dishwasher safe
- Includes 4 pre-programmed settings that let you select the time and temperature for what you’re cooking
Going to a neighborhood Halloween party? The locking lid will seal, so it’s easy to take the crockpot on the go.
Kitchen Tech Makes Preparing Easy Halloween Treats Fast & Fun
As you can see, preparing Halloween-themed food for yourself, your family, or a party doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. This is because there’s a variety of kitchen tech available to help make easy Halloween treats truly simple and stress-free to prepare.
All of these gadgets mean you can spend less time in the kitchen making simple Halloween goodies, and more time with your family and guests.