Your luggage can make or break your next trip. Whether you’re ticking a box off your dream travel list, visiting friends, or going on a business trip, take a piece of smart luggage with you. The newest suitcase technology is in tune to your traveling needs and will make traveling that much easier.
If you’re thinking of purchasing a smart suitcase but don’t know what to look for, keep reading to learn more about smart luggage.
What Is Smart Luggage?
Each piece of smart luggage has technology that sets it apart from traditional rolling suitcases.
These modern travel accessories generally feature electronic functions such as:
- GPS locators
- USB ports
- Solar-powered batteries
- Remote lock systems
Smart suitcases are designed to solve common travel problems such as gadgets running out of battery or tracking down lost bags. What’s more, smart suitcases are sleek and durable, making them the perfect travel companion.
The Best Smart Luggage for 2021
If you’re on a hunt for the best tech luggage brands, here’s a list of the best smart suitcases you may like.
The All-Around Best Smart Suitcase for 2021
The Smart Carry-on Suitcase by Samsara combines smart features with practical design. The flat-top surface functions as a mobile desk, so you can work wherever you are.
Another useful feature is its LED light, which automatically switches on in dim lighting to make late-night packing so much easier.
Some more of this suitcase’s smart features include:
- A removable USB-C port: With 10,000 mAh of power, you can bring as many eReaders, phones, and other gadgets as you’d like without worrying they’ll run out of juice.
- Double TSA-approved locks: Protect your suitcase at all times with 100% airline-compliant double TSA-approved locks that are perfect for a quick security check.
- Proximity sensor: This proximity feature alerts the case owner through its free smartphone app (iOS/Android) if someone takes the case away or opens it out of sight.
- 360-degree spinner wheels: These wheels create a smooth ride no matter how heavy you packed your suitcase.
A Sleek & Smart Option for Those Who Love Design
Travel in style with this stylish, lightweight, and functional piece of smart luggage: the Arlo Skye Aluminum Carry-on.
The Arlo Skye Aluminum Carry-on Suitcase features:
- High-quality build: This lightweight smart suitcase is made from aluminum materials and also has full-grain leather handles.
- TSA-approved clasp locks: Instead of outer zippers, the case features an aluminum frame with TSA-approved integrated clasp locks for maximum security.
- USB-C and USB-A ports: Its removable airline-compliant charger has USB-C and USB-A ports. The charger also features power delivery technology that allows you to charge your phone to 50% battery in under 30 minutes.
- 360-degree spinner wheels: Whether you’re pushing or pulling, these wheels help your suitcase travel with ease.
- Antimicrobial lining: This bag’s antimicrobial lining helps keep your valuables as germ-free as possible.
A Roomy Smart Suitcase for the Overpacker
If you want the most bang for your buck in terms of space, opt for The Bigger Carry-on by Away. This piece of luggage gives you all the essential features of a smart suitcase at a lower cost than most other options.
This bag features:
- Standard but convenient size: Despite its size, it can easily fit in overhead bins of most major airlines.
- Built-in organizers: This carry-on features an interior compression system and a hidden laundry bag.
- 360-degree spinner wheels: Just like the Arlo Skye carry-on, Away’s Bigger Carry-On has 360-degree spinner wheels that help you transport your bag easily.
- An ejectable 37-watt USB charger: Charge your phone and other devices up to four times on a single charge. (You can elect not to add this charger to your suitcase.)
A Futuristic Smart Suitcase With New Technology
Taking smart luggage to a whole new level, the Cowarobot Rover Speed literally follows you wherever you go. This bag is the world’s first auto-follow suitcase, which means it automatically follows its owner with intelligent tracking and hands-free control. Fortunately, the Cowarobot also features smart obstacle avoidance.
This state-of-the-art luggage also features technology like:
- “Grab and Go” auto-switch manual: Simply grab the handle of your suitcase and automatically convert it to manual mode.
- Built-in power bank: This smart suitcase can fully charge up to eight phones and keeps going for up to 12 miles.
- Multiple TSA-compatible smart locks: Lock and unlock your suitcase using your smartphone, connected to your bag via Bluetooth.
- Proximity alarm and alerts: A proximity alarm will send an automatic alert to your smartphone if your bag leaves your immediate area. Whether you forget your bag at security or someone tries to take it on your way home from the airport, it will alert you right away.
Let’s not forget that this travel robot is built to last with its all-aluminum frame, wheels with retraction activators, and 24-pound load capacity.
Take Flight With the Latest in Smart Luggage
Have the most hassle-free trip of your life with the smart luggage of your choice. Just make sure to remove the batteries before your flight. Then you can sit back and relax knowing that you have the latest suitcase technology on hand to make travel that much easier.