We announced last week that SquareTrade is recognized as Best Place to Work in the Bay Area. This week, we’d like to feature one of our awesome team members. Known for his infectious laugh and great sense of humor, here’s Kord H., our superstar Claim’s Team Manager! He’s been wowing SquareTrade customers since April 2002.
1. Do you have a nickname that you’d like to share with us?
2. What’s your title here at SquareTrade and how long have you been here?
Claims Team Manager/11 years this month
3. What did you do before coming to SquareTrade?
Shipping and Operations Manager for Lahaina Galleries in SF/Special Education Teacher
4. Tell us about your typical day at work.
Putting out “fires” and laughing A LOT!
5. What’s the best part about working at SquareTrade?
THE PEOPLE and the collaborative culture
6. What is your favorite SquareTrade function?
The holiday party. Hands down.
7. What is your favorite SquareTrade memory?
11 years – just too many to recount.
8. Last, but not least, what would be your one piece of advice for someone who is interested in joining SquareTrade?
Be conscious. Opportunities like this don’t come often. AND, contribute to the culture. Communities don’t survive without participation.
Here’s a Vine of a typical day of madness (and laughs) for Kord.
Meet Kord, our Claims Team Manager! vine.co/v/btFTvtFXIlV
— SquareTrade (@SquareTrade) April 11, 2013